This year for Christmas was very different but special
Ever since I can remember we have gone to my grandmas where lots of family are awaiting. We play out the Nativity scene, eat a delicious meal, sing Christmas songs and just enjoy each others company. While Christmas eve day I received a call from my grandma telling me that almost everyone of the families were sick with the flu. Christmas eve was cancelled!!! I would be lying if I didn't say I was crushed it took me awhile to bring my spirts back up and then I decided instead of pouting and being grumpy I would try to make this fun for Sev and us. I ran to the store with ash grabbed a ham, jello, potato's, green bean casserole, rolls and a cheesecake. We started the dinner. While it was cooking we grabbed the hymn book and nativity set . We Sang songs and read the story of Jesus being born. We invited my dad and brother Ben over to dinner because they were not sick. It was very different but a humbling experience. I thought of all the people out there with no family and all the kids and people who were less fortunate than us it made my heart hurt. I was grateful to have my own little family and a few of my siblings a dad there to share this happy holiday with. We visited with each other and got our cute PJ's on and headed to bed. Ike and I were the first ones awake. We went in to Sevs room and woke Ashley and Sevrin up. We headed out to the front room to see what Santa had brought us. Seeing little Sevs face light up and amazed at what he saw was priceless. I loved just having a relaxing quiet Christmas morning and day. My dad later came over and spent time with us. It was fun even though I missed being with my extended family especially because Sadie won't be there next year. I hope all had a great Christmas have a happy new year!!
1 comment:
Rache,
I know those feelings well. I usually call home on Christams eve and hear the whole family together. It is always fun to talk to them but a pang of homesick always sneaks up on me. It is right, you just have to make your little spot the greatest little spot. I am glad you had a wonderful Christmas
Post a Comment