Friday, December 4, 2009
The SPIRT of Christmas
On Thursday night we went to a live Nativity. We go to every year; a tradition that I love. It is at our old stake center. It is amazing! As we were standing in line, along the way there is fire pits to keep us warm, people dressed in Bethlehem attire with sheep, chickens, ECT. I was explaining to sevrin about what Christmas was all about I told him we were going to see baby Jesus he replied with a puzzled look “mom, Jesus is not a baby, he is a big guy!” It made me laugh he says the funniest things. It really did feel as if we were there back in the time he was born and how excited sev was. As we walked further down the line there were stages where they had Nephi writing of his visions. Then next stage was the Three wise men. We headed a little further and there were real (all of this is real, that’s why its called a live Nativity) Camels with two humps sevrin loved petting his face. They were so gentle and calm it was amazing. We came to shepherds in the field with many sheep. Then we arrived to the stable where Jesus was we walked into the house I saw people counting money, a donkey, a Carpenter and his son working on some wood, A beggar who was really sick lying there, women checking fruit and eggs, there were curtains that opened to us and guys saying “No Room At The Inn” (sev said that’s not nice you go on time out) I can’t imagine how frustrating that would be to be pregnant and not have a place to relax before you had your baby. If they only knew what an amazing little person was to be born and the great things he would do, surely they would find some room. Finally we arrived at Baby Jesus a real newborn baby laying in cloths the light shining on his little face with Mary and Joseph by his side. The sprit immediately came to me stronger how amazing, tears filled my eyes. How amazing his birth was, and all the events leading up to it. This what Christmas is really all about LOVE, compassion, and the sprit. What an amazing PERFECT person born to help us return to our heavenly father. I am so very grateful for him in my life and all the many blessings he has given me. He is my best friend always there for me, my companion, always there to help or listen. I love him with all my heart. I’m Thankful we were able to go on this little adventure to Bethlehem to see this story and that I was able to use it as a teaching opportunity to teach my son the SPIRT of Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Rachael! We have been trying to get ahold of you to see if you can come to the Christmas party this year. It is the 22nd at my house. I really, really hope you can come!!! Give me a call or leave a note on facebook.
Post a Comment