Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sevrin growing up and a tradition


Ever since sevrin was a little newborn he was attached to the Binky It has been hard to give it up with all the things that have been going on in our life. We had it gone before Ollie came then it came back it was even more attached. But one day Ike told him at the dinner table " you don't need that Binky your a big boy, go throw it in the trash" surprisingly he did then i told him " Once you throw it away the Binky fairy takes it and gives it to little babies who need it he said "yeah I'm a big boy" I said the Binky fairy gives mommy money so we can go to the store and get a toy that you choose. That night he didn't sleep with it. The next day we went and bought a new toy. Ever since for about a week he has not had one! I guess he decided it was OK to grow up from the Binky it was a huge step into growing up. I'm so proud of him! This little boy lights up my day he is so curious, always happy such a sweet spirt and his blue eyes just make me melt. This face he goes around the house scrunching his little face with a funny smile then laughing because he thinks he is so funny!

Look at his tiny little legs and body I love watching him walk and point at things saying "what's that" to everything


A Family Tradition, which is one of my favorite has been to make candy with all the family. We always make fudge, butter mints, toffee, and my favorite gunlock Carmel's and something new. This year is was cookies. It is allot of work to make candy but so worth it in the end. It tastes so good. It is fun to laugh and talk I love being together with my family we all get along so well. My grandma the expert candy maker isn't she sweet, after major surgery on her hand she still is helping with candy making. I love her she is one of the most special people in my life thanks grams.Pouring the fudge on the counter thanks to becky for letting us use her beautiful house and her huge kitchen the size of my entire house.Sevrin waiting to try everything and help stirThe boys and girls played so nice with each other they had so much fun!

Mom making the cookies kelly and her did a great job

1 comment:

Bowman family said...

Wish I was there with you guys. It brings back great memories.