Tonight Christmas eve we went to my grandmothers house along the way we saw deer running to hurry and guide Santa's sleigh. We may have even seen Roudoulph! The excitement on Sevrin and Oliver's face in the car when we told them Santa is coming tonight and sang Christmas songs. We were greeted by many families and lovely yummy food a feast with all my favorites slush,ham,green bean casserole, homemade rolls and treats galore. We opened table presents Sev got a pretend shave set to shave with daddy and Oliver got some balls Ike and I received a water bottle that we both love. We had a play of Jesus birth but this year it was a little different. In the scriptures it tells us that the wise men brought Jesus gifts but not until he was about 2 years of age perfect for Oliver to play Jesus and Sevrin played a wise man. One wise man gave gold, the other frankincense and last Muir. we were told what each item was and it was said that each represented something if Jesus choose gold he would be a king of all man another would be healing the other prayers of all worship. Jesus took all. It was so interesting and spiritual to hear this side of the story to me. There may have been even more wise men but three tombs are in Bethlehem discovered that are there today. Then my grandmother asked us what we could give to our savior for our gift this year. I thought to my self...hummm.... family prayer more often, service, family night I have to think of the perfect gift for this amazing person. He has done so much for me what can I do for him that would make him happy......? I will think some more and find the perfect gift. I am so grateful for this time of year to celebrate Christs birth and life. What my words could do no justice for the gratitude and love I have for him.
I am so excited to see my little families faces on Christmas morning and spend time with all the family. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment