Oh my goodness my littlest sister Sadie is leaving on her lds mission in a week. I am going to miss her so much. I am soooo proud of her for lots of reasons. One,I think sister missionary's have something special when they are out there teaching the gospel. It must be the spirt that girls have a little different then a guy not to say they aren't as great ( maybe I relate to them better) a more sensitive side i guess. Anyway for me I would be a little scared to be in a different country away from my family meeting strangers and put into different situations for a year and a half. But she is outgoing and I know she will love teaching and serving our lord and the people of Chile.I know the lord will watch out for her but she is still brave. She is perfect missionary material shes outgoing, loves to talk and serve, spiritual, everyone loves her and once she has her mind on something she puts her heart and soul into it.
Second new strange foods might be a good thing or a bad thing. I might have some yummy new recipes when she comes back and I'm sure I'll here stories about yucky things she had to try.
Third I hear you can get fleas, and other strange problems. yeeps
Fourth A new companion.....a person you have never met spending 24/7 with.
Fifth knowing that you have this special message you want to share with the world and have extreme emotions about and wanting people to have the same love and acceptance to the gospel as you to make their lives a happier one here on earth. Hoping they will accept it and feeling that you are responsible to tell them what they need to know.
And most of all and last Sadie has found this amazing guy named Landon who is perfect for her, and gets along with our family great we all love him. They were talking about the possibility of getting married and everything their plans for the future. He is awesome and she spends every minute with him. But yet she feels she still needs to go on this mission. She must have a special assignment the lord knows she needs to go for some reason. And this is what brings me comfort. Even though my baby sister who I love and spend loads of time with is leaving I know she will be looked after and loved by many who needs her help . I try to spend as much time with her as I can and the closer it gets the more intense emotions I feel, sad, happy, scared, stressed, and comforted. It is strange maybe because my family has been through so much and we are so close it's hard knowing that she won't be there to call up every day and get a dose of Sadie lady happiness or dress my kids in yellow because it is her favorite color. I love her so much and am so proud of her!!! I'm sure It will be a good thing because I know we will keep in touch and hear all the good things she is doing. Here is a cute poem I found
A kind and caring Father, Prepared a child for birth, And in a reverent whisper, spoke;
You leave today for Earth.
His heart was filled with tenderness, His eyes told of his care,
He spoke of many wondrous things
of miracles and prayer,
At times you will feel lonely, Sometimes you'll question,
Why?
Despair and trials will crowd you, But it's okay to cry,
For I have placed within you A pool of water, clear,The reservoir is in your eyes,
The outlet is a tear, The tears are clear and cleansing,
They fall, they splash, they dry,Catch them in this handkerchief,
Catch them when you cry, Time will echo understanding, And you shall come to know,
Tears release pent-up emotions, And through our tears we grow, This too will pass, but until then,
When your eyes are wet with dew Tie a knot and hold on tight, I'll stay close to you.
Sadie just know that we are with you one hundred percent. You are a great example and I look up to you. When you are feeling lonely just know someone is always there and we are always thinking of you I love you boo!!! Ps don't worry I won't have another kid while your gone (she is worried about that) and we will tell you everything that is going on you won't miss a thing. Sev is fond of the word "DEE" I will spin him around as fast as I can when he says it so he'll remember how awesome his auntie Sadie lady is. We had a missionary shower for her here is a few pics from that



No comments:
Post a Comment