Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Buttons
Sunday afternoon was crazy. It all started in the morning I had to call the primary leader and have her take over our class because I was so sick. Ike was looking after sevrin then I was watching him while lying on the couch he got into my scrap booking supplies. I was helping put the items away and sev ran off while I was cleaning the mess. I heard him being very quite and immediately stopped what I was doing and went to check on him. There he was in his room with buttons every where and a pile in his mouth. How did I not see him take these and where did he get them? I ran to him to reach in his mouth and get the buttons before he swallowed them as soon as I did, He swallowed like half I hurried and picked up all the buttons and saw that half of the vile of buttons were missing. He had to have ate them, I was freaking out. There were about 13 he had ate. Ike and I ran him to the er were we waited and waited to be seen meanwhile I refused to sit on the seats because of germs and watching a little girl throw up make me fell more sick and worried that one of us would catch something. There we stood in the corner of the waiting room when finally they called our name. I didn't want them to touch us mostly sevrin with anything because I watched them use things on other people and not spray it with lysol or what ever they do. I might have a little problem with germs this is true but I was disgusted but knew they had to. They had to take his temp rectally which he was not very happy about, weighed him on their scale and then we were escorted back to a room where I dosed him in hand sanitizer. The nurse came and asked questions " What happened," I felt I was being blamed and felt very guilty I was not watching him for all but two seconds ad he is a very fast little kid when It comes to getting into things. I was scared because he ate so many buttons and didn't know what they were going to do. They took an x-ray and found them none were in his lungs or esophagus which I was very glad for. The doctor came and said that they would probably pass and sent us on our way. So for the next day I was waiting and waiting for a poop and it finally came today I know that is gross But I was so excited to see that some buttons were in there. Sev and I had a dance poop party (maybe I'm a little crazy, but all you mothers out there would be happy to) Our house is totally baby proof the toilet and all but little things can happen in a blink of an eye and make you realise these little people always need you by there side i mean always I'm glad nothing worse happened. Just thought I'd share our crazy weekend with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That story is funny and stressful. I would also have been freaking out at the time, but looking back it is a good story you can tell Sev someday about when he was pooping buttons! :) Congratulations on your big news!!! I am very happy for you and I think you are definitely a braver woman than I. It will be awhile before we have another :) Also, I did a little post about high school and I tagged you.
Post a Comment