Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Little Man with no helmet

The day in the life of sev with no helmet......
It was a very happy day November the 19th when sev went to the helmet doctor He took measurements and told us we were done with the helmet HAAAAAH WOOOHOO!!! I looked at sev and said " baby we get to take off the yucky helmet"
We took it off, I put sev down on the floor and he crawled around in circles a few times around Phil the doc sev was laughing. It was like he really knew it was his last day Phil and I were both laughing and saying he's excited to. As I was leaving I was dancing around and bouncing sev and singing "you have no more helmet whoohooo" we were both laughing at how silly we were being.

We got in the car and drove to another appointment the not so fun one he got his booster flu shot and I had to take off all his clothes for a weigh in. It was freezing poor kid, when we were done with that we went home and had a little party of our own with toy playing and having a yummy bananas, apples and cookies. Sev and I put Christmas music on and danced around the room then sat on the floor bobbing our heads to the music making each other laugh. It was lots of fun. We are so excited to have the helmet gone forever no more people staring at us no more people telling me he needs to be changed he smelly when it is actually the smell of the helmet. No more trying to get comfy, or washing the smell out or trying to no matter how hard you scrub it won't come out. Sev might miss it a bit because that was a way to get my attention he would go over to a wall and bang his helmet on the wall then look at me and fake cry and if I didn't look at him he would wait until I did then do it. It was kinda funny. It has been a little bit of a life saver with all the falls and bang because he is a boy and very fast at crawling still learning allot about what makes him fall.

Sev keeps bringing both hands to his head and wondering where his helmet is? You might be wondering to well yes I do still have the smelly helmet I haven't decided what to do with it yet but it is siting on his bookshelf reminding us how thankful we are for technology(even if it's a pain in the bumy sometimes)He finally gets to sleep peacefully through the night without having to try and get comfy with a bulky helmet. Sweet baby boy!
Sevrins first glimpse of snow early in the morning there was a little bit of snow I decided to show sev since he has never seen it before he looked a little puzzled but I said just wait till theres more.



We even tryed tasting it yuck!

Sevrin and I staarted to put up christmas decorations I know a little early but I'm so excited I put these angel wings on him and christmas music on and we went to town decorating the front room sev loved the lights.





A Thankful heart.......

A grateful heart is one who's lived through trials along the way...then found the strength to look ahead and face a brand new day.A grateful heart is one who knows that sorrow does not last...and morning brings a ray of hope to chase away the past. A grateful heart will always be much stronger than the rest...for they have weathered every stormand conquered every test.


In light of thanksgiving coming I thought I would say what I am greatful for. I am greatful for trials how they make us stronger,eternal families,oscar, my sweet husband who tries to make me happy eery day,techology, music, ice cream, a home where we are cozy and warm, bath tubs, rainbow chip frosting, friends esspicially my aunt susie who is a great example and good listener,grandmas and moms who always know all, and of course little sev who makes me laugh every day and the gospel which I would be lost with out. Thankyou for all the people who have touched my lives


PS Look at this really cute couple my sis and her boyfriend Tom

No comments: