Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Best day ever!!! here's why.....

Oh I have so so much to post about I will have to break it up in sections. First I will start by women's conference.
I had the opportunity to help with the service project at women's conference with my extended family, my aunt Becky was in charge of. At first when she asked me if I could be in charge of a table and their were meetings etc I was hesitate I'm embarrassed to say that but i was. It was time away from my kids stress of finding a babysitter, well time really with my new business I have kept pretty busy. Our first meeting was at the humanitarian center. I forced myself to go. When I got there it changed my mind I learned allot our church really amazes me it is amazing how organized they really are and I loved the way they did things here are some things I found interesting I wrote down as we went on the tour people who work at the center are mostly refuges,immigrates, who are documented ,people who need to learn how to do basic job skills they teach them computer skills,English etc and are paid. When you bring things to the Di they keep it there for about 4-6 weeks then they send it to the humanitarian center. Where it is sorted and put in stacks of about 1,000 pounds and placed where there is a need. In 2010 these are the statistic of what was made that year
Hygene kits 500,000
School Kits 220,000
Newborn kits 78,000
Quilts handmade 45,000
wheelchairs given 59,832 in 59 countries
vision care 41,939
Volunteer doctors and nurses train people in other countries who pay there own way immunization
neonatal resuscitation 25,363 in 32 countries
Clean water
1,104,589 in 31 countries
food and production also nutrition 18,000 people in 12 countries
correct farming classes, emergency response,etc
If any one want to help with a humanitarian project big or small they list what they need on there site www.humanitariancenter.org on the left hand site current needs
This was a really experience for me and grew my testimony. They showed a movie about humanitarian work it total made me cry. watching babies coming home in newspaper, disasters, children who didn't have toys be given them and seeing their faces so happy, people helping each other really. If you haven't been there you should totally go it is amazing and wonderful. Being a disciple means to follow Christ. Which I am. Jesus gave of his life service I was appalled at my self for thinking how busy I was and my attitude changed to I would love to serve the lord and others. I think we get caught up in our busy lives and forget the real importance of this life is to help build up each other and love one another. I loved the feeling of service and how it changes your attitude in your life.

After I went to another meeting to find out the plan. The night before we up wrapped un taped boxes and boxes of towels,toothbrushes,toothpaste,soap,combs, and bags set it up and were ready for the crowd that was to come help after women's conference the following day. The day of I walked in the room and felt the spirt so strong it was a beautiful feeling. People willing to give their time and help out a good cause we didn't know where these hygiene kits were going nor would we but I did know that whom ever received it is just like me and would have a smile on their face that was good enough for me. I really loved that I had my moms extended helping out in this project watching them do all their different jobs and seeing them work happily made me soak it all in. We made 16,000 kits in a matter of hours. Here is a little slide show of what it looked like.

It was totally amazing and had a really strong spirt in there for those who don't know I am lds check out lds.org if you want to learn more


No comments: