Sunday, February 7, 2010

What a busy girl has been up to!!

I have been a very busy girl I have moved our room and the boys rooms we switched with the boys so they could have a bigger space to play. I also have been working on my business plans I am going to have my own business I'm so excited about It I will have to post about it at a later date. I also have put a baby shower together for my aunt. And mean while taking car of two busy boys and there schedules one that is cutting three teeth two molars so sleepless nights and LONG days one of the weeks my hubby had conferences until late every night 10:00 or 1:00 crazy I don't know how single moms do it that was a really hard week. Our Theme for this shower was Showered with Love I made the shower mobile with our color theme it turned out pretty good. We added snips and snails and puppy dog tails rock candy etc. It was a blast to put together.
This was a huge hit I dipped chocolate bowls and put ice cream and chocolate brownies with blue frosting. The pregnant lady has been craving chocolate

Homemade party favors I baked sugar cookies into hearts and put It's a boy mints and blue kisses in there I also made the topper cute boy sayings


We had beautiful hydrangeas they smelled so good and blue lemonade with blueberries. (i forgot to take a picture of the punch things got busy so my picture taking was hard)



My beautiful Aunt Suzie 34 weeks we did the shower early because she has had pre term labor with her other babies and it is no different this time she is on bed rest and has had major contractions poor girl. This is her first boy she has three girls.
my gorgeous mother and grandmother helped me put the shower together.
Kelly and Lacey
The prego and the two moms

Becky and Brittney

We had fun playing our game and talking
Grandma and Ollie bear


Opening presents

Notice the necklace that I made out of candy looks like a Binky it was part of our game.


Ollie playing the piano great form


I love this sweet face


This little boy was so brave. He had to go to the dentist to get a cavity on his front tooth fixed. He has really soft enamel. I brush his teeth every morning and night sometimes even after lunch or sticky candy but when he was smaller he downed lemons and lemon juice so that defiantly did not help.
The day started out with me telling Sev we are going to the dentist, he was excited he loved the cleaning visit before. We got there they put this clown nose laughing gas mask on him and asked him a few questions I have never had laughing gas so wasn't really sure what to expect it turned out to be hilarious, to me. Sev was so relaxed and said the funniest things he started babbling I had no clue what he said the dentist asked what he said Sev started out laughing and said "I don't know!" then the dentist asked who is your favorite super hero Sev replied "You are laughing even harder. He did great and the end he let his brother sit on his chair with him and watch a movie until it was time to go. They both go to pick a prize. I took him to chucky cheese after and to lunch we went to the mall to get a hot dog on a stick but no lemonade just water. We sat down and sev said with a big fat upper lip from being numb "mama we need to say a prayer" how could I say we don't really do that in public even though there was a huge crowd around us we said a prayer it was sweet.
On the subject of funny things sev said. Our little friend calls bunt cakes bumy cakes and sev picked up on that word. My sis and I went to Nothing bunt cakes a little piece of heaven it tastes so good especially the white chocolate raspberry with extra frosting.
So I told sev we were going in to get a bumy cake. He said"mom that would be gross....I knew he had grown up a bit and stopped saying that word so I said you're right that would be gross we are getting a BUNT cake He said super excited " YES I LOVE BUTT CAKES" laughing I said let's stick with bumy cakes it sounds better butt is not a nice word. The funny things three year old say and think I love it.

2 comments:

Bowman family said...

Ok Rach, you are hired to do any of my parties! It looked so cute, I want to post your blog to my accents of home blog. What is your new business? It will be fun for Suz to have a boy....soooo different!

lesli said...

When I host a shower, I'm hiring you to come decorate it for me! You did a great job on this. It looks like it was such fun for you gals!
Lesli