Sunday, April 19, 2009
The week of sickness
It all started Sunday night. Everyone went home from the party. The boys had pretty bad coughs but Friday when I went into the doctors he said it was fine and not contagious. That night sevrin and oliver were up most of the night super sick. I woke up and oliver was really wheezy so I jumped into a steam room and tried to comfort his little sick body so unhappy very unlike himself. I heard sevrin awake so I went into his room and saw him standing there with a pale face. Saying " Mama" with a frown on his face. I went over to him gave him a hug then he ralphed every where. I knew this was going to be a fun day. I took them to the doctors and they where diagnosed with croup and sev an ear infection. Went to the store to get the sick items juice, Popsicles and prescriptions. We rested the rest of the day because I myself was sick to. Poor little sev would sit on the couch and say " oww mama" I tried to get him to play cars with me or paint and he didn't want to that is how I knew how sick he was. The next day daddy stayed home from work because he had become sick also. I bunch of sicky sicks. We tried nursing ourselves with all the "items" and some really good naps. That night I took them again to the pediatrician he then said to me while Oliver's has spread to his lungs and he now has RSV he said he was debating on sending me up to primary children's hospital. I was freaking out how scary!! He told me his oxygen was low 90's an his reparations were 60's normal is 20-30 not so good. He decided to not send us there.It was about 9:00 I called my visiting teacher and asked if her husband could come give a blessing with Ike to Oliver. It was so sweet of her and her husband to come that late. Ashley came over that night to help us. Oliver had become worse and was really scaring me with his breathing coughing etc Sev on the other hand was feeling a little bit better. That night we were up almost all night with Oliver counting his respiration's, listening to his lungs, steam rooms, suctions, etc. We had about 3 hours of sleep we went to the doctor in the morning they had to do a deep suction. And said keep a close eye on him and if it gets worse go to the emergency room. We went home his lips were blue and because I have a oximeter I checked his oxygen. It was high 80s so many trips to the stream room nose drops suction etc. The day Ashley had to go home to work. Same things happened to the doctors deep suction no sleep, taking turns with sick sevie Ike was so sick to it was super hard and I was so scared that little Oliver was going to stop breathing which he did a few times. Yesterday which was Saturday he turned a little he could sleep a little more and started coughing up and throwing up yucky stuff more. I guess I good sign. We had quarantined ourselves the whole week. I decided to take sev to the store and to get some movies. We got in the car stared driving and I hear in the back loud " mama baby baby mama, uh oh baby" Poor thing thought I forgot the baby. He must have seen the lack of sleep his mama had I was helping me remember. I told him multiple time " it's OK Ollie is with daddy they are sleeping" We got to the store sev super happy to get out of the house dancing around the store to the elevator music. Bouncing around pointing to things we needed including toys and ice cream. He was cracking me up with funny moves and expressions. We went to the blockbuster went looking for a movie sev picked about 8 and said "uh huh yeah" with big eyes" I laughed and said he could only choose 2.We went home had dinner and sev lead me to his bed and we were off to dream land. Sevrin has been so sweet to Oliver giving him hugs kisses holding hands etc I love they are such good friends. It is so hard to watch your children go through such a hard thing at night laid up holding oliver he wouldn't let me put hiom down not even to sleep because he was scared from not being able to breathe. Looking at their sick little bodies and wishing you could take it away even if you where able to put it on yourself. Thinking of easter just passing and it sorat being like what Jesus doing for us it was a little close to my heart what an amazing thing. Dying on the cross for us so we could live with him again. All the pain he went through for us becauae he loves us. I am so greateful for him what an amazing thing and person to have that much love for us. All week these sickness has madfe me think of him alot more than usual I am greatful for him and my little family. I hope we get better soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment