Sunday, February 8, 2009

Having my first child was the most amazing experience. The past two years I've never felt more intense emotions in my life. The two years that I've spend holding him, loving him, teaching and nurturing him has been amazing.

Now that he is two years old he wants to do things more by himself which is sometimes a great thing but it is hard to watch my baby grow up so quickly. I love that he tries so hard to be a big kid by feeding himself, asking for what he wants even if he knows that cupcakes are not a meal, trying to put on his clothes by himself, walking like a big kid means looking like a "Charley Chaplin walk" holding his mommy hand and leading her to where he wants something he cannot reach, closing doors behind him, sitting in church or a games on the seats and just sitting still, getting into anything and everything trying to figure everything out. He gets so excited when he says a new word and repeats it then laughs or squeezes his fists together and says "whoa hoo"
Sev drinking straight lemon juice he loves it horrible for his teeth but he hides it from me

Even though he is getting bigger he is still my sweet little baby who still enjoys cuddling with his mom. Reaching for my hand in the car. looking into my eyes and pulling his hands on my face to reach his face to mine noses touching and saying "ahhh" a little love. Tickling me then running away laughing. Sitting by me shooting his little perfect body as close as he can get then looking at me with his blue eyes saying" Mama Llama Llama" which is currently his favorite book. I love his sweet little chubby fingers and soft baby skin and especially his little body that finds the funnest movements.
(Sev and I hula hooping)

He is such a good big brother it amazes me and touches my heart that my boys have such a cute bond with each other. Sev will go over to Ollie when he is lying on the floor and lay down on his tummy talking to him saying "goo and bah bah" then forcing a Binky in his mouth they laugh at each other and look at each other eyes sev holding his hand I know they were meant to be together in this family they are great friends and have a love that is so sweet.


Having your second child is just as rewarding I feel the same love as I felt for my first child. My heart is just bigger full of love for these two little boys my heavenly father has in trusted me with. Ollie has been such a joy to have. It fun to remember what I did with sev and then try and remember the stages.




Ten little fingers, ten little toes -Rosy little lips, and a button nose.So soft and cuddly with a baby sweet smell.Eyes so full of trust I know a gift of God you had to be -How else could something so perfect come to me? You wiggle and snuggle, gurgle and coo -Do you know of all the love I have for you.

I love watching my boys interact with each other but I also love spending one on one time with them with ollie I love the baby sounds the baby smell the way he looks at me his eyes light up and a big smile. He is such a happy baby I have been so lucky to have such great kids. I love the way he always has a smile for me I love that when I talk to him he listens and tries talking back with his coos and ahhs then we both end up laughing at each other. I love that he always wants to be held his long little fingers rub my body to make sure that I'm still there. I love his eyes they light up when he sees me, I love that half way through the night he wants to lay in my bed with me and we just stare at each other until we fall asleep, I love when I hold him and sing to him his sweet little eyes get heavy and drift of to sleep, I love that he has complete trust in me. His sweet little perfect body curls into a ball and he nestles into my chest. His little blue eyes are so curious looking at everything.


Having two children is allot of work and I'm constantly thinking of things I can change to make their lives better. But I love the craziness of it all. The hardest part I think is grocery shopping Trying to put the car seat, sev into the cart and fit all the food is impossible I've been going late at night when sev is asleep that seems to help a bit. Or when they are both sick with horrible colds sleepless nights many trips to the doctors and constant worry for them is hard. Having to is more rewarding and I feel more like a mother because having one was easy you still can do whatever you want but to is not that way I'm lucky if I get a few moments to my self which is usually spent cleaning my house or getting ready. I love them and wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

Heather said...

They are so cute! Oliver looks a lot like Sevrin, but has his own unique look too! We found out we're going to have a boy! They look like fun.